Monday 23 November 2009

Eating Out

What a hectic weekend!

Our Friends Claire and John came down to stay from Halifax where they own two pubs so obviously we had show them the pubs of Stamford for comparison *ahem*.

We went out for an Italian on the Saturday night at Fratellis which would have been great had I not drunk far too much and lost my appetite. Still the bruschetta and meat sharing platters were awesome, which I managed to get a photo of.



As they wanted to stay for another day, they checked into the Crown Hotel - so there would be no rushing the next morning when we would be off too work. We met them about 4pm in the town centre for more drinks and then a brilliant meal at the Hotel.

I had breaded grilled goats cheese to start, a gorgeous fillet of beef for Mains, and then a cheeseboard to finish. Totally ate it all!

So I think I should give my liver a rest and take it easy this week. I really need to go food shopping but I spied enough ingredients for the awesomely easy mushroom pasta tonight - perfect for when you really can’t be bothered to do anything. I'll try and get my act together this week or next and start cooking something a little more adventurous! Especially now I know I have at least two readers - even if one is a family member. Whoooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment